All-time best quotes of Audrey Hepburn you must know
You might know Audrey Hepburn as the famous actress of Hollywood movies in the 1950s and 1960s. But that is not the only accomplishment in the list of her accolades. Audrey was a humanitarian and she spent the major part of life working for the cause of underprivileged mothers and children around the globe. Her life was full of inspiration and it still inspires youngsters from all over the world.
I have handpicked some of the all-time best quotes of Audrey for your reading.
Read our compilation of Nikola Tesla Quotes too.
Audrey Hepburn Quotes
- “Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering – because you can’t take it in all at once.”
- “A woman can be beautiful as well as intellectual.”
- “I’ve been lucky. Opportunities don’t often come along. So, when they do, you have to grab them.”
- “Pick the day. Enjoy it – to the hilt. The day as it comes. People as they come… The past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present – and I don’t want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future.”
- “You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can by what others say about him.”
- “Why change? Everyone has his own style. When you have found it, you should stick to it.”
- “People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.”
- “For me the only things of interests are those linked to the heart.”
- “I have learnt how to live… how to be in the world and of the world, and not just to stand aside and watch.”
- “Good things aren’t supposed to just fall into your lap. God is very generous, but he expects you to do your part first.”
- “I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles.”
- “As you grow older you will discover that you have two hands. One for helping yourself, the other for helping others.”
- “Not to live for the day, that would be materialistic — but to treasure the day. I realize that most of us live on the skin, on the surface, without appreciating just how wonderful it is simply to be alive at all.”
- “They say love is the best investment; the more you give, the more you get in return.”
- “Anyone who does not believe in miracles is not a realist.”
- “The beauty in a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart; the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It’s the caring and that she lovingly gives the passion that she shows and the beauty of a woman only grows with passing years.”
- “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”
- “To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.”
- “The most important thing is to enjoy your life, to be happy, it’s all that matters.”
- “I saw but one glaring truth: These are not natural disasters but man-made tragedies for which there is only one man-made solution-peace.”
This wonderful and beautiful woman said goodbye to this world at the mere age of 63. She was named one of the Top 100 Movie Stars of all time by Empire magazine and won awards like Oscar, Grammy, Emmy, Tony, but according to her, her greatest achievement was when she was made United Nations Ambassador.