25 Superb Helen Keller Quotes You Must Read Now
Helen Keller lost her sight and hearing to an unknown illness when she was 19 months old. However, this loss didn’t take her intelligence away, for soon everyone knew of Helen as one of the most inspirational figures in American history.
I have curated some of her most inspiring quotes for you to read. Happy Reading!
Read our post on Best Quotes by Mother Teresa Too.
Best Selected Top 25 Quotes By World Famous Author Helen Keller
1. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.”
2. “I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.”
3. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.”
4. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.”
5. “Death is no more than passing from one room into another. But there’s a difference for me, you know. Because in that other room I shall be able to see.”
6. “One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.”
7. “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.”
8. “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.”
9. “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved.”
10. “Keep your face to the sun and you will never see the shadows.”
11. “Be of good cheer. Do not think of today’s failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find a joy in overcoming obstacles. Remember, no effort that we make to attain something beautiful is ever lost.”
12. “The most pathetic person in the world is some one who has sight but no vision.”
13. “What we once enjoyed and deeply loved we can never lose, For all that we love deeply becomes a part of us.”
14. “Never bend your head. Hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.”
15. “The highest result of education is tolerance.”
16. “I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble.”
17. “Science may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found no remedy for the worst of them all — the apathy of human beings.”
18. “People don’t like to think, if one thinks, one must reach conclusions. Conclusions are not always pleasant.”
19. “What I’m looking for is not out there, it is in me.”
20. “Literature is my Utopia.”
21. “A bend in the road is not the end of the road…Unless you fail to make the turn.”
22. “We could never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world”
23. “Happiness does not come from without, it comes from within.”
24. “Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn, whatever state I may be in, therein to be content.”
25. “Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.”
Helen was an author, a lecturer and a humanitarian, her list of honours include Presidential Medal of Freedom that she won in 1964 and various honorary degrees from different Universities from around the world. In 1965, she was included in Women’s Hall of Fame.