69 Lovely Quotes for Spring That Will Bloom Your Mood
In the midst of winter, we can’t wait for spring to arrive. The warm sunshine feels so good on our skin and melts away our winter blues. Colourful blooms pop up, and it’s the perfect time to start planting the garden. Because there’s nothing more lovely than spring, we’ve rounded up the best spring quotes to help you usher in the season of fresh flowers, green grass, and sunshine.
Also, read our compilations on amazing Summer Quotes.
Here are 67 of the loveliest quotes from spring
1. Spring is nature’s way of saying, ‘Let’s party!’
2. Spring: the music of open windows.
3. The world’s favorite season is the spring.
All things seem possible in May.
—Edwin Way Teale
4. Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems.
—Rainer Maria Rilke
5. Spring won’t let me stay in this house any longer! I must get out and breathe the air deeply again.
6. Sit quietly, doing nothing, spring comes, and the grass grows by itself.
7. April hath put a spirit of youth in everything.
8. You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep spring from coming.
9. May and June. Soft syllables, gentle names for the two best months in the garden year: cool, misty mornings gently burned away with a warming spring sun, followed by breezy afternoons and chilly nights. The discussion of philosophy is over; it’s time for work to begin.
10. The force of Spring –
powerful beyond measure.
11. No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow.
—Proverb from Guinea
12. It’s May! It’s May!
The lusty month of May!
Those dreary vows that ev’ryone makes,
Ev’ryone makes divine mistakes!
The lusty month of May!
—Lerner and Lowe
13. I love spring anywhere, but if I could choose I would always greet it in a garden.
14. No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn.
15. There is no season such delight can bring,
As summer, autumn, winter and the spring.
16. The cuckoo comes in April,
Sings a song in May:
Then in June another tune,
And then she flies away.
17. I believe in process. I believe in four seasons. I believe that winter’s tough, but spring’s coming. I believe that there’s a growing season. And I think that you realize that in life, you grow. You get better.
18. In the scenery of spring,
nothing is better, nothing worse;
The flowering branches are
of themselves, some short, some long.
19. Spring comes: the flowers learn their colored shapes.
20. Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush.
21. Only in dreams of spring
Shall I ever see again
The flowering of my cherry trees.
—Frances Hodgson Burnett
22. Come, gentle Spring! Ethereal Mildness! Come.
23. In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.
24. Science has never drummed up quite as effective a tranquilizing agent as a sunny spring day.
—W. Earl Hall
25. I am going to try to pay attention to the spring. I am going to look around at all the flowers, and look up at the hectic trees. I am going to close my eyes and listen.
26. The naked earth is warm with Spring, and with green grass and bursting trees leans to the sun’s kiss glorying, and quivers in the sunny breeze.
27. A little madness in the Spring
Is wholesome even for the King.
28. Despite the forecast, live like it’s spring.
29. Where flowers bloom so does hope.”– Lady Bird Johnson
30. The beautiful spring came; and when Nature resumes her loveliness, the human soul is apt to revive also.
—Harriet Ann Jacobs
31. Spring’s greatest joy beyond a doubt is when it brings the children out.
32. The earth laughs in flowers.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
33. Behold, my friends, the spring is come; the earth has gladly received the embraces of the sun, and we shall soon see the results of their love!
34. Spring—an experience in immortality.
—Henry D. Thoreau
35. If people did not love one another, I really don’t see what use there would be in having any spring.
36. Spring is beautiful, and smells sweet. Spring is when you shake the curtains, and pound on the rugs, and take off your long underwear, and wash in all the corners.
—Virginia Cary Hudson
37. The promise of spring’s arrival is enough to get anyone through the bitter winter.
38. The first real day of spring is like the first time a boy holds your hand. A flood of skin-tingling warmth consumes you, and everything shines with a fresh, colorful glow, making you forget that anything as cold and harsh as winter ever existed.
—Richelle E. Goodrich
39. She turned to the sunlight and shook her yellow head, and whispered to her neighbor: ‘Winter is dead’.
—A. A. Milne
40. All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar.
45. The day the Lord created hope was probably the same day he created Spring.
46. April comes like an idiot, babbling and strewing flowers.
—Edna St. Vincent Millay
47. Now every field is clothed with grass, and every tree with leaves; now the woods put forth their blossoms, and the year assumes its gay attire.
48. Lord of the springtime, Father of flower, field and fruit, smile on us in these earnest days when the work is heavy and the toil wearisome; lift up our hearts, O God, to the things worthwhile–sunshine and night, the dripping rain, the song of the birds, books and music, and the voices of our friends. Lift up our hearts to these this night and grant us Thy peace. Amen.
—W. E. B. DuBois
49. The spring wakes us, nurtures us and revitalizes us.
How often does your spring come?
If you are a prisoner of the calendar, it comes once a year. If you are creating authentic power, it comes frequently, or very frequently.
50. For winter’s rains and ruins are over, And all the season of snows and sins; The days dividing lover and lover, The light that loses, the night that wins; And time remembered is grief forgotten, And frosts are slain and flowers begotten, And in green underwood and cover Blossom by blossom the spring begins.
—Algernon Charles Swinburne
51. I think that no matter how old or infirm I may become, I will always plant a large garden in the spring. Who can resist the feelings of hope and joy that one gets from participating in nature’s rebirth
52. The sun has come out…and the air is vivid with spring light.
—Byron Caldwell Smith
53. Every spring is the only spring, a perpetual astonishment.
53. Every April, God rewrites the Book of Genesis.
54. Never yet was a springtime, when the buds forgot to bloom.
—Margaret Elizabeth Sangster
55. An optimist is the human personification of spring.
—Susan J. Bissonette
56. Nothing is so beautiful as spring
when weeds, in wheels, shoot long and lovely and lush; Thrush’s eggs look little low heavens, and thrush through the echoing timber does so rinse and wring the ear, it strikes like lightning to hear him sing.
—Gerard Manley Hopkins
57. April is a promise that May is bound to keep.
58. Spring is when life’s alive in everything.
59. With the coming of spring, I am calm again.
60. Everything is blooming most recklessly; if it were voices instead of colors, there would be an unbelievable shrieking into the heart of the night.
—Rainer Maria Rilke
61. In springtime, love is carried on the breeze. Watch out for flying passion or kisses whizzing by your head.
—Emma Racine de Fleur
62. The first day of spring is one thing, and the first spring day is another. The difference between them is sometimes as great as a month.
—Henry Van Dyke
63. Spring is God’s way of saying, ‘One more time!’
63. Sweet spring, full of sweet days and roses, a box where sweets compacted lie.
64. Spring makes its own statement, so loud and clear that the gardener seems to be only one of the instruments, not the composer.
—Geoffrey B. Charlesworth
65. And Spring arose on the garden fair,
Like the Spirit of Love felt everywhere;
And each flower and herb on Earth’s dark breast
rose from the dreams of its wintry rest.
—Percy Bysshe Shelley
66. Sweet April showers do spring May flowers.
67. Spring is the time of plans and projects.” –Leo Tolstoy
68. Springtime is the land awakening. The March winds are the morning yawn.
69. Spring is when life’s alive in everything.
Here is the list of the 67 lovely quotes from Spring. I have covered most of the quotes in the best way possible. If you have more suggestions, feel free to contact us and we will definitely prioritise your suggestion.
For future reference, refer Happier.